|Merry Christmas from Pearls and Precious Stones|
The old fashioned charm of this Merry Christmas Typography from The Graphics Fairy was the inspiration for this simple little project. Wouldn't these make cute table favors, teacher gifts, or a stocking stuffer? Fill them homemade ornaments, candies or any other small gift.
- a cone type coffee filter
- paper punch
- ribbon, buttons or other decorations
- computer printer and paper
- masking tape
- Copy and paste your image into a document. I decided to change the color on mine from black to green and resized it to 2.00" x 1.29" You want to center it in about the middle of the page.
- Now print your image on to a regular sheet of printer paper.
- Using masking tape, tape your coffee filter over your image, where you want it to appear on the filter. I just taped the upper edge or opening of the coffee filter. For proper orientation I had to lay my paper and coffee filter face down in the printer, with the filter opening toward the printer. This printing technique is very similar to printing on paper bags as shown on The Graphics Fairy here.
- Fold over the top, punch holes with a paper punch and thread a short piece of ribbon through. So simple!
That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your family time this week and for the rest of the Holiday season.